The Most Hallowed And Divine Market God
There is a segment of Enlightenment-brainwashed individuals that worship what I like to call the ‘market god’ (lower case g, obviously).
It is my position that this is a modern cult. I have ample evidence to argue for this assertion:
- The Market God Cult believes that the market is invisible, infallible, and all-knowing. All aspects of the actual God. According to them, the market will always set the perfect price and harmonize all aspects of the material society, if only we would not interfere with its righteous and sacred workings.
- The Market God Cult believes that the market is infinite. According to them, it has always been with us, and has always been the true determinant of civilizational success (if the market does good, the civilization/state prospers. If it does poorly, the nations collapse or lose importance. This is exactly how the Bible talks about God interacting with the ancient Israelites).
- The Market God Cult believes the market alone can solve all of our problems and is fully self-sufficient in itself. The market needs nothing else and overcomes/uses even our own errors.
- The Market God Cult trusts that the market is the granter of wisdom. If you do not know what to do with your life, you must study and research for the current holy needs of the market to determine your path. Or if you don’t know what product to produce, it will be shown to you. And so on.
- The Market God Cult states that if we would just put our faith and trust in it, our entire lives will be
blessedchanged (“Freedom and prosperity will reign down from heaven above, if we just open up our markets.”)
- The Market God Cult is completely unhinged whenever anyone disagrees with their market god solution (“You’re just a communist! Everybody that doesn’t worship my god is a filthy socialist, communist nazi! If you don’t love x, you hate freedom!”)
- Fun sidenote: I once had an email exchange with one of these cultists who repeatedly sent to me (in all capitals, of course) that there is only FREEDOM OR TYRANNY and that since I did not favor a completely free market with no restrictions whatsoever, that I was the next Stalin. True story. If you have ever wondered why so many dissident writers trash on libertarianism all the time, it is because we are inundated with them yelling or whining at us constantly. I get more flak from the market cultists than I do leftists, even though I’m far harsher with the left.
- The Market God Cult believes that the market is immutable and omnipresent—Never changing and always present across time, place, and nation. They believe that the market solution will work for all people no matter their biological differences, time period, religion, heritage, or anything else. The market has been, is, and always will be the consecrated solution.
- The Market God Cult believes we can
angerharm the market if the government interferes with it. This will invoke the wrath of the market godharm GDP, of course.
- The Market God Cult views the market as a most gracious high counselor, that will bestow upon all people the plentiful fruits of his vineyard. According to them, the rewards do not go just to the wealthy or the isolated class, but to all classes of society. And with no downsides!
- The Market God Cult sees the world between only
goodcapitalism and evilcommunism. Not realizing there is a lot of grey and a lot of alternatives. Even the mere idea that a concept of grey exists is considered heretical—If it is not the one true faith (pure open markets), then it is blasphemy.
It would be wise for those who align with this belief to make sure they are not placing the market above the true God, which means directly engaging in blasphemy and idolatry. The actual God said repeatedly that the worship of money (and by its extension, markets) is idolatry and will lead to destruction.
Contrary to what the market cultists believe, their solution is no solution at all. It will lead only to destruction, which is exactly what it has done in the West since this form of market god worship started at the beginning of modernity.
Market cultists will always claim we’ve never tried Real Free Market Capitalism™ (which is exactly what communists say), but the reality is, we’ve been doing it for centuries. Markets and the material have been the priority for ages. We’ve already tried the market god worship, and it failed. It’s just lead to greed, demographic destruction, disunity, an international class of centralizers hell bent on killing us all, and so on. Perhaps the market god was not such a great idea, after all.
Here are two serious lessons from this admittedly joshing article:
- If you trust markets more than God, there is a problem.
- If you try to structure your society around markets instead of God (and by extension, what He cares about: Faith, family, virtue, nation, etc.), you will incur problems.
That is why the United States is being destroyed. It’s not because we’ve abandoned our market god, but because we chose him as our god in the first place.
If you enjoyed this article, bookmark the website and check back often for new content. New articles most weekdays.
You can also keep up with my writing by joining my monthly newsletter.
Help fight the censorship – Share this article!