This is our “Please don’t sue us” page. Below you will find all the boring but necessary disclaimers, waivers, and related policies that you agree to fully comply with by using this website. Please read them carefully before using the website!
Should you have any questions in relation to this material, please contact us here.
Effective (and last edited) on November 29, 2020
Table of Contents
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Terms Disclaimers
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms below, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License Disclaimers
- Feel free to share our articles anywhere if it is for personal use/betterment. All we ask if that you provide a link back to us. This obviously does not apply if you are fully copying my articles, not declaring original authorship and posting them on your own website with your own ads/affiliate links. Common sense here, guys.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Hidden Dominion’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Hidden Dominion’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Hidden Dominion at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- This use license is not applicable to guest posts. The author of the guest post is the liability copyright holder for all information provided in their respective article. Should you wish to use any of their material you must contact them directly. If they are labelled “anonymous contributor” then the article is not applicable to licensing in any form.
2.5 Age Use Disclaimer
This website is not intended for use of anyone under the age of 18.
3. General Disclaimers
- The materials on Hidden Dominion’s web site are provided “as is”. Hidden Dominion makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Hidden Dominion does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- The information and opinions supplied within this website are the full opinions of the author. The employer(s) of the author(s) are in no way affiliated with these opinions, or the opinions of The Hidden Dominion.
4. Limitations Disclaimers
In no event shall Hidden Dominion or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Hidden Dominion’s Internet site, even if Hidden Dominion or a Hidden Dominion authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
4.5 Waiver of Medical/Legal Liabilities.
No material on the Hidden Dominion should be used as medical, legal, financial or other professional counsel. No material on this website is intended for medical, legal, financial or professional advice. We are not medical, legal, or financial professionals and no information on the Hidden Dominion should be used in place of a medical health professional, lawyer, or other professional. We do not enter into any “legal”, “medical”, “financial” contract or initiate a provider-client relationship to any reader of this website. By accessing this site you agree that you will use any advice, opinions, recommendations, or any statement within at your own risk and waive any liability claims against The Hidden Dominion.
5. Revisions and Errata Disclaimers
The materials appearing on Hidden Dominion’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Hidden Dominion does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Hidden Dominion may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Hidden Dominion does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
6. Affiliate and Financial Disclosure
Hidden Dominion does not currently have any affiliate as of the last update.
Hidden Dominion wishes to ensure our readers understand our unique affiliate policy. We [may in the future] support this website through the use of affiliate programs. These programs allow the reviewer to earn a commission on each sale that is purchased because of the fair use of this website. It does not raise the price of the item. If you find an item you enjoy and use our affiliate link, you are also supporting our mission to continue spreading the information within this website. We need this income to pay for server and maintenance costs, as most websites do. We feel this is the fairest way to do so. Affiliates give you the opportunity to receive a beneficial product and also pays for our overhead costs at the same time. Any piece of equipment or item recommended on this site will have been personally used or purchased by the author of the article. The official Hidden Dominion articles will never use affiliate links with any products we do not personally have experience with. This way we can build trust in our recommendations and empower you to feel safe in purchasing the item.
Amazon Disclaimer: We were previously an affiliate for Amazon. Because of their ideological tint, I no longer wish to give them money or send my readers to them. I have quit their affiliate service effective Nov 29, 20. I attempted to remove all applicable Amazon links but that is quite the challenge when you have 500+ articles. If you discover any that are not removed, please contact me to remove them.
7. Link Disclaimers
Hidden Dominion has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Hidden Dominion of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
9. Governing Law Disclaimers
Any claim relating to Hidden Dominion’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its conflict of law provisions. This also includes any federal laws governing within the United States of America.
Including the General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
10. Fair Use
We believe all content on this site is guided under the “fair use” legal principle. If you believe any content has gone past the “fair use” principle please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible. Likewise, we request that anyone that takes our information also uses it in accordance with “fair use” principles.
Guest Blog Disclaimer
Guest posts are allowed on The Hidden Dominion. Any guest post will have a disclaimer stating it is a guest post and will link to this disclaimer notice.
Under no circumstances will money be tied into guest posts. We do not pay for guest posts, nor do we receive money for them.
The views, opinions and positions expressed within these guest posts are those of the author alone and do not represent those of The Hidden Dominion. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within these articles are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or declarations. The copyright of this content belongs to the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with them. However, if it is clearly a copyright infringement please see our DMCA disclosure and notify us of the non-compliance. We will ensure that the copyright is protected and enforced when properly notified, but still accept no liability from the authors infringement.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you believe that content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright for which you own please send a notice of infringement by contacting us at our contact page with information that sets forth your argument. Please include a statement that the representative agent understands that “the information in the notification is accurate”, and “under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”. We take any breach of copyright law very seriously, and will immediately remove any clearly offending material.
Please note: Under federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that the online material is infringing, you may be subject to heavy civil penalties including monetary damages, court costs, attorney fees, and related expenses by the copyright owner. You accept this potential liability by sending a DMCA notice. You may also be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
Our website address is: https://www.hiddendominion.com and all applicable domains/subdomains.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We use a contact form on this website. If you submit information through the contact form, you are allowing us to hold it indefinitely for customer service purposes or for article purposes. We reserve the right to publish any information sent through our contact form. Obviously, we would not publish personally identifiable information but we reserve the right to post the text and non-PII information of the report. We would use this to interact with our members (such as respond to their questions publicly) or showcase hate mail.
We do have third parties on this website. One example is our comment provider (currently WPDiscuz). They filter and use your commenting data as necessary to provide their service. Third party providers use this to provide a needed service on this website such as commenting, spam protection, filtering contact form submissions, and providing cookies for tracking. By using this website you consent to allowing these few third parties to function as needed. We will do the best we can to limit the amount of these third parties and avoid the pervasive privacy-breaking ones (such as Google) as mentioned further below.
We collect personal data:
- To provide and maintain our website.
- To notify you about changes to our website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our website.
- To monitor the usage of our website.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Ads, Cookies, and Analytics
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- We do not use Google analytics or Google ads.
- Currently we do not have any ads on the website at all except internal ads for related Hidden Dominion articles on this same website.
- We do use a service known as Koko as a privacy focused alternative for analytics. This service keeps the data in house (no third party) and does not track extra data like demographics. Koko uses a cookie for when you are on the website so I can see which pages and how many pages were viewed for my analytics information. It does not have a unique identifier or follow you outside of HD. Koko responds to do not track requests. You can find out more about Koko and their privacy focus here: https://www.kokoanalytics.com/. They are far superior to privacy-invader Google and their affiliates.
- We collect this analytics data so we know what posts and topics you are interested in reading more of. We also collect it so we know what types of content are most appealing to our readers.
- We also use some analytics from Mailterlite for our newsletter. This places a cookie so we know not to show you the popup ad repeatedly if you’ve turned down the ad. Mailerlite’s privacy is available online.
- Some other plugins may also use a cookie in a similar manner to Koko. For example, we also use a popular post plugin which tracks which posts are receiving a higher number of views. This does not capture any other information outside of that very limited scope and does not identify you at all.
This website is geared toward Americans. Europeans should consider moving to America to use this website (and support our cause).
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
We may process your data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
If you wish to be informed about what data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where HD relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Additional Hidden Dominion Specific Privacy Information
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We will also implement reasonable security safeguards to ensure you will not receive spam.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We do our best to support the DNT (Do Not Track) through privacy friendly applications. However, I cannot guarantee that we support it fully.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). No one under the age of 18 should use this website.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. Since we do not collect much data at all, this is rarely applicable.
Disclosure of Data
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of us
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- To protect the personal safety of the public
- To protect against legal liability
Glad that’s over. Thanks for reading!