Yuri Bezmenov is a story familiar to many of us. But for our newer readers, they may not have been caught up on this critical piece of knowledge regarding state cultural subversion.
So, let’s get them caught up. And have a refresher for our old timers.
Yuri was a Soviet journalist and KGB informant. He defected to the U.S., and after doing so, told us about the Soviet strategy for subversion. With this strategy came the “cultural Marxism” that we know of today (they called it “ideological subversion” in the USSR).
There are four stages:
- “Marxist-Leninist ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least three generations without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism, American patriotism. Actually, it’s over-fulfilled, because demoralization now reaches such areas where previously, not even Comrade Andropov and all of his experts would even dream of such tremendous success.”
- “A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I showered him with [authentic proof] he will refuse to believe it.”
- In this stage, the fundamentals of the targeted population’s economy, political system, and culture would be attacked, while the demoralized population could not mount much of a defense.
- Subverter does not care about what the target population does. What matters is the essentials: economy, foreign defense systems, energy, etc.
- Some event or events that cause an intra-national crisis. Crisis is exploited for the gain and eventual normalization of the subverter.
- Cynical expression. The misery is “the new normal”. The subversive, degenerate culture is now the “normal” culture. Control by tyrants is “normal”.
The full interview is here and it is very worthwhile:
Whether or not anyone wants to admit it, the subverters have won in the United States. All four have definitely come to pass numerous times over.
Even though they fell, the Soviet legacy lives on through us.
Now it’s just a matter of finding a way to stomp it out and prevent it from happening again.
If you enjoyed this article, bookmark the website and check back often for new content. New articles most weekdays.
You can also keep up with my writing by joining my monthly newsletter.
Help fight the censorship – Share this article!