Won a free $100 Amazon gift card, so I bought a bunch of mostly useless junk I’ll never actually need. However, there was this one little product I bought that I thought was pretty awesome so I figured I’d share it here since it’s related to survival gear. It’s a compact emergency sleeping bag.
Yeah, that thing is actually a sleeping bag.
And it really does fit in the palm of you hand when it’s all rolled up.
I figured it’d be pretty cheap, and just something I’d use with another sleeping bag (as a liner), but it’s actually good enough to use as a stand-alone sleeping bag for emergencies.
I took it out of the package and it doesn’t feel cheap at all – it hasn’t torn or worn down much since I first bought it (and I’ve used it a couple times now).
For anyone out there searching for a compact sleeping bag to beef up your bugout kit at a reasonable price, give this one a look.
And for those of you wanting to know more about the specs:
- It has HeatEcho thermal blanket material, some quite a bit more durable than the normal tarp-like bags.
- Yes, it does have reinforced taped seams
- Weights about 5.1 ounces (mine does, at least – they say it weighs 4.8 on the website)
- 7′ by 3′, so it will fit you unless you are huge. In which case: Exercise
Now for the honest negatives:
1) I doubt it’s going to last five years, but it’s also really cheap so I could just buy another one when I need it.
1.5) Seems pretty tear resistant… But I’m not sure how long that would hold up when hit with really bad weather conditions.
2) It’s really difficult to get it back in the tiny bag. I ended up just using a bit bigger bag to stuff it in, but I’ve seen videos of people actually getting it back in so your mileage may vary.
Before buying this, one of my burning questions had to do with the temperature rating. However, I’m not sure on the actual weather temp for it. I used it in 40 degree (Fahrenheit) weather no problem, but I can’t tell you if it would be manageable at 20 degrees. Will have to try it out and report on it later.
Overall: it’s lightweight, compact, affordable, and an essential piece for any survival checklist.
And I’m happy with it. Can’t beat it for such a cheap price.
If you’re in the market looking for one, I’d definitely recommend it!