A few pieces of information I’ve picked up along this continually changing journey of life. Whether you heed them or not, I think it’s always interesting to read others’ perspectives on this topic. So I knew eventually I had to make an article of my own about priceless advice – and here it is.
Let’s keep it simple and straight to the point.
Some Old-Fashioned Priceless Advice
- Don’t give advice unless asked. (Appropriately the first one)
- Don’t give away information easily. People will use it for opportunistic gains given the chance (and your consent from disclosure).
- There’s no such thing as a free lunch. Always consider repayment, even when it’s a “gift”. Especially true in relationships.
- The noose of morality tightens as you age.
- Be very on-edge around pushy people. They are the most likely to change.
- Status can be everything. Especially if you let it be.
- The absolute worst emotion is regret.
- Never surrender your masculinity, but know how to utilize it correctly.
- Don’t try to change people.
- Teach yourself how to recognize betrayal quickly, and act accordingly.
- Happiness really is in the small things. Money will buy you security, not satisfaction.
- Meditation (in whatever form) is sanity.
- Perseverance pays dividends, especially over decades.
- Other people will always have things you envy. That’s not their fault – it’s your emotion. And likewise, people will probably envy you as well. Don’t let it get to your head.
- Discipline early leads to comfort later.
- Don’t take risks. Take calculated risks. A risk is only worthwhile if it is worth the reward.
- Fear is one of your best emotions. Be afraid. Then do it anyway.
- You’re not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
Do you agree/disagree with these? Have any more to add from your own life experiences? I’d love to hear about them – Leave me a comment down below!
And thanks for stopping by The Hidden Dominion – Consider helping us out by checking out our product review section!